The firm regularly handles all aspects of construction-related litigation. Typical clients include public and private owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, design professionals, bonding groups, trade groups and others involved in all phases of the construction process, as well as their insurers, who are often joined as direct defendants under Louisiana’s Direct Action statute.
Recognizing that Construction litigation can be protracted and expensive, the firm’s emphasis on providing cost-effective service to our clients is considered at the outset of any claim, before significant expenses are incurred. Specific litigation strategies are developed only after the client’s goals are identified, and the most cost efficient and effective manner of achieving those goals is determined. The firm is a strong proponent of alternative dispute resolution, when appropriate, particularly where litigation expenses could potentially become disproportionate to the value of the claim.
Although we have a broad construction practice, we have developed particular expertise in the following:
• Construction site accidents
• Construction defect litigation, residential and commercial
• New Home Warranty Act claims
• Manufactured Housing litigation
• Insurance coverage disputes
• Architects, Engineers and other design professionals malpractice
• Contract drafting, negotiation, analysis and interpretation
• Contractual indemnity